Tuesday 28 June 2011

My little patch of heaven

My allotment, I’ve had it for just over a year and I absolutely love it. It’s so peaceful and when I’m there I can forget about everything else, listen to the birds singing their little hearts out and focus on growing yummy things to eat. So as I’m so besotted with it I thought I would share.

This is the front half with peas, beans sweet corn etc. That’s not my shopping on the right! It’s what I’ve been using to pick raspberries.

I’ve had a massive glut of them, 26 ½ lb (that’s about 12kg I think) so far and there’s still loads to come, so if anyone out there knows any good recipes for raspberries please let me know!

Things keep appearing of their own volition like these beautiful poppies, I’ve also had random potatoes, squash and fennel popping up.

I managed to wage war on the weeds that had taken hold, the front of the allotment was as high as the fence with the little blighters so I took a hoe to them.

And now there gone! (for now)

No comments:

Post a Comment